Agreement for Warranty &/or Service Work
Compass Pools (Vic.) Pty. Ltd. (CPV) is pleased to present this document to confirm the conditions of and basis for it (including its contracted representatives) undertaking warranty &/or service work associated with your swimming pool or spa (noting that where mentioned in this agreement “work” may include one or more of parts, materials, plant, labour & document search (e.g. search for building permit required for property sale or settlement).). By sending this form/agreement (SWA), the customer confirms the acceptance of the terms, conditions and associated charges (where applicable).
Cost of the Work
- A queuing & service fee of $247.00 applies to all work (to be paid in advance). If related to a site visit this fee allows for up to one hour’s work on site. It must be paid for in advance of CPV’s site attendance along with the mileage adjustment fee described below.
- An in-water fee of $295.00 applies to all in-water work. This fee applies: in circumstances in which water-based work is required; whether or not diving apparatus is necessary; & on a per-entry basis.
Work Not Deemed to be Covered by Warranty:
- A fee of $24.00 per fifteen minutes on-site applies (after one hour) (in addition to the fees described above) & will be discussed with you prior to any fees charged.
- Travel charge maybe required but will be advised prior to any fees charged.
- Where work relates to a document search (e.g. building permit), the agreement signatory/ies must accept that if the sought-after document is not revealed by CPV’s search, then the fee is not refundable.
Work Deemed to be Covered by Warranty:
- There is no charge for work covered under warranty (please use the warranty information is as an initial quick-reference – please not that it does not indicate the full extent of conditions associated with individual warranties).
- It is not unusual for CPV or its suppliers to have to attend site (often more than once) to establish both the extent of the work required as well as whether or not the work is covered by warranty.
- If CPV determines that the work is not covered under warranty, customers will be charged for all required work.
- If CPV determines that the work is covered under warranty, then the call-out fee will be refunded.
Timing of the Work
- CPV’s earliest response time from receipt/audit of signed SWA is 14 days; only fully completed SWAs will be accepted; work by CPV &/or its suppliers will only be scheduled when a fully completed SWA is received & audited as being compliant;
- CPV always acts to initiate & complete work in the swiftest possible time. In order to ensure the highest quality service to each of its customers, however, it is impossible for CPV to nominate exact attendance times for its service personnel or those of its suppliers. Any nominated attendance time must be viewed as having a “plus or minus two hours” variation associated with it. And beyond such variation, there may be circumstances in which CPV will give last-minute notice that it will be unable to attend on the day nominated for attendance (e.g. where the complexity of matters being resolved at one site result in an extended period on site that prevents timely attendance at subsequent customer sites). CPV will always endeavour to communicate schedule changes at the earliest time.
- Warranty claims may take up to 90 days to be resolved (and in some cases longer (e.g. certain warranty claims are complex and ultimately involve a decision by the product manufacturer as to whether or not the work will be covered by warranty)).
Payment for the Work
- The customer commits to payment of the call-out fee (if applicable) up-front (i.e. by direct deposit to CPV’s ANZ Bank Account (BSB: 013 705 and ACN: 2803 40797) or by credit card (noting that administration fees may apply)).
- The customer commits to payment of the balance of monies owing for completed work on or before the day the work is implemented (e.g. via credit card) (noting that the amount due will require calculation by CPV’s resource assigned to complete the work) or otherwise after completion of the works in response to CPV invoicing (i.e. in exceptional circumstances where payment is not made on or before the day the work is implemented).
- The customer commits to paying interest of 15% per annum (compounding) on any outstanding payments (beyond seven days).
- The customer fully accepts and embraces CPV’s position whereby in the event that charges remain outstanding, all warranties on the swimming pool or spa construction project will be declared null and void for the period in which they and the associated interest remain outstanding
Agreement for Parts Supply
In order to ensure clarity in respect of CPV’s offer of parts supply the parties have agreed to the supply of parts on the terms set out below.
Compass Pools (Vic.) Pty. Ltd. agrees:
- to confirm as soon as possible when customer-payment has been cleared in CPV’s bank account;
- that occasionally, the items mentioned below will not apply to a customer’s pool and where that is the case alternatives will be sourced within 30 days;
- that the parts sought are ticked in the form
The customer agrees:
- that the parts will not be made available for collection at CPV’s offices or sales centres & will be sent directly to customers site;
- to pay the sum relating to the purchase of the part (e.g. that listed above) upon signature of this agreement;
- that CPV’s preferred mode of communication is direct to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the project number in the subject line;
- that CPV may reject this agreement if significant price increases in listed parts occur before the document is returned customer-signed.